Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Aug 1995 06:43:40 GMT
From:         robb.lightfoot@scsc.shasta.cc.ca.us (Robb Lightfoot)
Subject:      wanted a decent split window

I'd like to buy a running and reasonably rust-free split window.

Of course, I'd like a 23-window delux, but who can afford that.

An older (pre 65, pre smog in my state) Westy or camper would be cool, but so would a cargo van or passenger van.

Engine condition doesn't much matter to me. I plan on going with a newer engine. (No flames, please. It is a cherry 36-horse, I'd leave 'er be.)

But I am not equippend financially or mentally to deal with much in the way of RUST. Also, the straighter the better. Interior work or electrical doesn't scare me.

I'm in Northern California (really North, near Redding 4 hours from the Bay).

I'd be willing to drive as far south as the Bay or Fresno (maybe Bakersfield) or north to Portland.

I prefer to see photos first. I'll pay for them.

Vans that are drivable are a plus. Titles problems MAY be doable, depending on what, exactly, the problem is. I DON'T want anything with altered or missing ID numbers....

Please email me here or phone me at work at 916-225-4945. I'm not window shopping, but I have to work within my budget. The more I spend to get it...the less I have to fix it.

Thanks in advance. I am not in a big hurry, so if you have a buddy who MAY be looking to part with a spilt, let me know. Tell him or her that I WON'T lower it (no flames) and I prefer to keep it stock, except for a decent engine and 12V electrical. The car will be garaged, kept for the long term and well maintained (once I own it...) I have two garages plus a barn.

I COULD trade a straight but sick engined 71 7-passenger. But I'd like to keep both of the busses I now have. I MIGHT be willing to trade in part my 71 California Super Beetle (Yellow, with a sun roof...dechromed, and some big-buck stereo that the prior owner put in. Runs good, but didn't pass smog last time, so I'd have to deal with that.)

Please pass this along. I have a financial window of opportunity to buy a split. I'd like to get it before somebody gets sick (4 kids) and I have to spend it (like last time).

Robb