Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Oct 1995 22:28:07 -0700
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      baja substitution

Well, apathy still reigns (do you people fail to show up for national elections, too?), but counting the votes of those who bothered to hit the reply (and tainting things with the few "conversations" I've had with other on the matter), it seems that our group in general feels it would be best to postpone the trip to Baja until a) more members can attend, and b) our leadership can make it schedulewise.

However, fortunately, enough of you seem to still want to go camping that weekend, meaning Friday thru Sunday, the last weekend in October. Trying to be fair, it looks like something along the latitude of San Luis Obisop/Bakersfield/etc. would be about half way between people coming from both north and south. If no one has to drive inordinately far, hopefully, it will be more appealing, and more will come.

Here's who I'm pretty sure will come for sure:

-

David Schwarze des.teleport.com Jack Stafford stafford@alcor.hac.com Jens Muller muller@engin.umich.edu -

--

Here's who I "think" will come, too:

-

rene noir renoir@ix.netcom.com Michael/Diane(?) Wagner mwagner@deltanet.com Rich Jones jonesr@Colorado.EDU

--

Here's who I'm not sure about:

-

?Dennis Gentry dennis@cpac.washington.edu ?Dave Phillips phillips@pi3.tucson.saic.com ?Bob Kenyon rrk@rahul.net - not sure ?Steve Reilly steve@caliban.ucsd.edu ?Danny Dayton dan@jrs.com maybe ?Al Hubbard Hubbard_Al@mlstrmac.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com ?Andrea IZZYYU3@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU? ?Jim Davis synchrohead@aol.com Lars Poulsen lars@azure.rns.com -

--

Please let me know your decisions, either way, so that this thing can finally get underway! I move that we go up towards the mountains east of Bakersfield, since some of you expressed the wish to go where it is not hot (AC not working, etc.). Bradley-pyro has suggested a place north-west of where we went when we went to Red Rock (and this place should be much quicker to get to). It's called Lake Isabella, and there looks to be a LOT of choices for both commercial and free campsites in that vicinty, with the former being very reasonably priced ($8-12). B is I think going to check up for us on one that appealed to him, which I think may be quite close to the lake.

If some of you from the list told me earlier that you definitely were not able to make the Baja trip, but these same people now think they CAN make this trip because it is closer, please let me know, and I'll add you back to the list.

/martha busgirl@netcom.com