Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Oct 1995 23:58:54 -0500
From:         ehintz@mail.utexas.edu (Edmund A. Hintz)
Subject:      Re: Re: Vans in europe?

neil> The prices of used vehicles in Germany which I saw this past July neil> were enough to make your head turn. New or used, they were out of neil> sight. To someone living in Germany prices may have seen to have neil> stabilized, but people on this side of the ocean have to neil> translate those prices into dollars (US) or dollarettes (Cdn). At neil> the time I was in Germany one Canuck buck got you one mark, take neil> it or leave it. And at that exchange rate, German used buses were neil> double the going price over here. neil> neil> The Brit prices seemed pretty fair; but as TS pointed out, neil> selling is another matter. neil> neil> Maybe it would behoove some list member who is resident in Europe neil> to put together a little bus exchange -- nah, probably do one or neil> two cars a year. Wouldn't be worth it. neil> neil> Neil neil> neil> Neil Wigley U of Windsor <wigley@server.uwindsor.ca>

How about a bus exchange type of gig? You both take vacation at the same time, and drive each others busses... kinda like people do with houses... and hope you both know what you're doing when you crawl under to tighten that exaust manifold nut...

Peace, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Edmund A. "Eddie" Hintz **|** "You may say I'm a dreamer, Voice Major, UT Austin * | * But I'm not the only one... (512) 416-7980 * /|\ * I hope someday you'll join us, <ehintz@mail.utexas.edu> */ | \* And the world will live as one. '70 Primered Transporter ***** Imagine." ------------------------------------------------------------------------