Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Oct 1995 11:08:48 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Jim Ellis)
Subject:      FS '91 Westy (Phoenix, AZ)

Spotted at the dealer that I "stole" my '83 Westy from.

'91 VW Westfalia Camper 82,250 miles $19,900 asking price. Guessing at the codes on the window I'd bet that they gave $8,800 trade in on it. >From past experience I would float a stupidly low figure at them and stick to it and then really watch the interest rate shoved at you in "the room."

Burgandy with Silver grey interior Captian's chairs, both tables, rear screen, front curtains, all in great shape. Skylight in poptop (Martha!), Power mirrors, Stock German Named AM/FM (Not Blau-punk, Alloy Wheels, Bra, A/C, **Autotrans** =(, Excellent looking tires

No apparent water or oil leakage. Sales guy insisted on showing me how clean the engine was. (Yeah, duh, it should be after a detail job!). I was told that "these are a rare vehicle." I asked what the bottom line was for a serious buyer. "Oh that is up to the salesman to determine with the customer." (Salesmanager)"I wouldn't want to step on a salesman's deal." Yeah, and you certianly wouldn't want to encourage a sale either huh!? (Salesmanager)"The internet is too hard! Computers are too difficult. You just type one colon or one back slash wrong and you have to start all over again!" (VanBondo) "Yeah, if sales of vehicles was my livelihood and there was a technology that somewhat automatically prequalifies my target market according to interest group, I would certainly avoid it also!" "Those darn backslashes cause total greif in my life! ;)" "That darned old DOS was a really hard **'programming language' to learn! *Cancel Abort Retry* *GPF* "Have you looked at a computer anytime post 1977?"

**Don't flame me I was teasing the sales guys!

Contact: Thomas M. Costanzo "Your" Sales Consultant <-The card sez so... EARNHARDTS Dodge 1-800-497-9457 FAX (602) 892-8462 (602) 926-4000 1301 N. Arizona Avenue Gilbert, AZ 85233