Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Oct 1995 23:35:11 -0700
From:         Amit Ronen <amit@vesuvius.connectsoft.com>
Subject:      '69 VW Bus for sale.

Hi. Due to a surprise move I must sell my beloved 1969 VW Bus. Let me tell you about it:

ENGINE: The engine is a new (1000 miles) 1776cc with dual, 2 barrel, 40mm Webers and a dual pack quiet mufflers. The engine electrical system is also all new including a new Bosch blue coil, .009 distributer, generator, and regulator.

GENERAL: The front brakes are new (including new pads, hoses, and wheel cylinders) and the rear brakes are newish. The clutch is also brand spankin new. The tires are big Michelins with probably at least a good 20K left on them. It has a pop-top that pops up about 5 feet and has two tinted sliding windows in it.

ELECTRICAL: The elctrical system all works. Lights, windshield wipers, horn, etc. I also put in a oil temperature guage that connects where the oil relief valve sits. The stereo has a good tape deck with 6 inch 3-way Pioneers in the door and Pioneer 4-ways 6X9's under the rear bench.

EXTERIOR: The body is mainly from a '68 and is straight all the way around (although, admittedly with a little help from bondo) and I painted it metallic blue. There is very little rust, there was some when I got it in the usual places, but I took care of it with fiberglass.

INTERIOR: The interior is basically like a Westfalia. It has wooden walls and cabinets, and carpet or upolstery pretty much anywhere else, except for the sheepskin seatcovers. There is a big cabinent on the sliding door side, a cooler and water tank w/faucet behind the passenger seat, and extra seat with storage behind the driver. The back bench turns into a bed, and a table folds up between the seats. The glass is standard Bus extra seat with storage behind the driver. The back bench turns into a bed, and a table folds up between the seats. The glass is standard Bus passenger style.

ETC: I also got lots of extra goodies. A roof rack, gas tank, spare tire on front, receipts, and lots of spare parts (including many engine parts). Also have a rare and expensive almost working gas heater that can be installed by a lucky new owner.

PRICE: $3,000

So here's the story. I, unfortunately for me, spent about $2500 1000 miles ago on all that stuff including the brake job and new clutch. That was all done in Los Angeles where I went to school. Drove up to Seattle (hence the 1000 miles) and then went traveling to Japan and SE Asia till 2 weeks ago. By a strange set of circumstances I ended up getting a job in Bangkok so I have to get rid of my baby. I guess I would be painfully forced to lower the price a little because I have not had a chance to give it its 1000 mile tuneup, oil change (needed when you break in a new engine) and it needs new tabs and to pass emissions (or get an exemption if needed) Anyway after all that, it's a great car. It is great for road trips. I had it in LA most of the time for 4 years, and drove it to and from Seattle, to San Francisco a few times, to Death Valley, The Grand Canyon, etc. . Now I am starting to ramble and reminice.

Interested? Please write (amit@vesuvius.connectsoft.net) if you have any more questions.

Sincerely, Amit Ronen :) Bellevue, WA