Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 1995 09:13:13 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (rusty vanbondo)
Subject:      Re: Cargo Hauls

Back in 1982 I had a perfect 1968 Single cab. I was in the process of doing the landscape for the "first house." The neighborhood was one of those way out in the middle of Egypt situations. It's right in the middle of town now!

I used the '68 Single to haul full pallets of Superlight brand bricks. Not as dense as regular clay brick but still pretty heavy. The pallets would slam the truck to the ground but it made about four trips. I definitey would not do that to the truck if I still owned it. The guys at the rock and gravel yard were amazed at how much the single could carry.

BTW: I had to sell the truck because we didn't have the extra $25 a month to insure it!! It took two months of solid advertising to get anyone to give $2000. for it. The truck was so complete and straight that the only thing that it needed was a seat cover for the front bench!! It was due to Ronald Reagan's first term "Trickle Down" stupidness that caused all construction and misc spending to come to a screaming stop between '80-'83. No one was buying anything. DOH~!