Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 1995 16:55:15 -0400
From:         SyncroHead@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Fair prices?

In a message dated 95-10-13 20:06:13 EDT, A_OLIVARES@upr1.upr.clu.edu writes:

>2.- 1987 Vanagon Synchro, good interiors, Central A/C, a minor dent on the > sliding door, engine sounds good but has some hesitation, previous owner > fixed the rust but you can notice the "bondo work" on the van. Price -> > $5,900

This would be my choice out of the list you provided. It seems from the variety of vans on you list you might be able to use a quick synopsis of Vanagon models available in the USA. I'll leave out the Westfalia options off the list since you didn't mention a particular interest in them.

1980 air cooled 2.0 liter 1981 air cooled 2.0 liter 1982 air cooled 2.0 liter, 1.6 liter diesel option 1983 air coolde 2.0 liter, 1.6 liter diesel option 1983-1/2 water cooled 1.9 liter gasoline boxer, Digijet fuel injection 1984 water cooled 1.9 liter gasoline boxer, Digijet fuel injection 1985 water cooled 1.9 liter gasoline boxer, Digijet fuel injection 1986 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant fuel injection 1986-1/2 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant F.I., Syncro GL option starts 1987 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant F.I., Syncro GL option available 1988 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant F.I., no Syncros 1989 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant F.I., Syncro GL option available 1990 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant F.I., Syncro option available 1991 water cooled 2.1 liter gasoline boxer, Digifant F.I., Syncro option available

In addition to this list, I remember seeing a much more detailed year-by-year description of Vanagons on the WWW somewhere, bu don't remember where.

So, if you're looking for a Syncro, you should focus on the 1986 & newer vans. Good luck! If anyone cares to add a little more detail (or corrections) to the rough list above, I'd like to see it.

Jim Davis 87 Syncro 88 Wolfsburg