Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 1995 12:02:54 -0500
From:         "Frank E. Terhaar-Yonkers" <fty@mcnc.org>
Subject:      Re:  Techron Saved My Tush (Was:Bus Bummed By Bad Gas)

I've used it on my '86, but the results were not so dramatic. It SEEMED to run better, but that's just because it cost me $.

I've had much the same experience lately - (See posting, New Digifant Bogon) intermittant missing, bucking etc.

Chalked it up to something electrical, rather than fuel. After poking around the FI system for about a week, it went away. (I HATE that ...) I'm now wondering if it was fuel. I didn't add anything like techron, but I ran two tankfuls of 93 octane name-brand gas thru it. (The octane won't help - but the additive package in the premium stuff is rumoured to be better)

The question is, what is happening to the system that would cause the bucking, then get fixed by the additive? If it's mucked up injectors, you would think it would run consistantly lousy. Or are we seeing the computer (badly) reacting to gummed up injectors?

>Anybody out there run Techron regularly through their Digifant or Digijet FI? >It saved my butt this weekend.

\\\\////\\\\////\\\\\////\\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\ Frank Terhaar-Yonkers High Performance Computing and Communications Research MCNC PO Box 12889 3021 Cornwallis Road Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709-2889 fty@mcnc.org voice (919)248-1417 FAX (919)248-1455 http://www.mcnc.org/HTML/ITD/ANT/HPCCResearch.html