Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:09:23 -0800 (PST)
From:         John Huguenard <hugie@lindy.stanford.edu>
Subject:      Re: pfeiffer reunion!  (big sur)

At 09:45 PM 11/16/95 -0600, Martha wrote: > >The California Camping Crazies (CCC) wanna do it again. A suggestion >has been made to hold our first anniversary!: at the location of our >very first group campout, which took place a year ago January, at the >Pfeiffer Big Sur campground, just about 30 minutes south of Carmel, CA. >A number of people have expressed interest in going, but we need to >pinpoint some dates. I assume none of you will be in good enough shape >to do this the last weekend of December (giggle), but how about >Jan 5-7th? >

Well, I have to admit I am one of the semilurking instigators of the reunion. Now that Jill (http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~huguenar/JillPage.html) is more than a few weeks old we are starting to think about camping again. Last years initiating trip was a doosie, (doosey, duesy, doosy?) with international representation and the "storm of the winter". Let's see.... according to David Schwartz VW page (http://www.teleport.com/~des/vw/index.html), the following folks were there:

David Schwarze...........schwarze@nosc.mil Steve Johnson............sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com Tobin Copley.............tobin@unixg.ubc.ca Bill Abbott..............wabbott@townshend.corp.megatest.com Jeff Schneiter...........jeffs@almaden.ibm.com Steve Wall...............wall@mcm.com Dave Garth...............dgarth@cymbal.calpoly.edu Martha Rubin.............nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu John Huguenard...........hugie@lindy.stanford.edu

Of course, some of the account names have changed since then. Maybe most of them, in fact!

So can we entice Tobin & Christa down again?? I doubt it, since they were definitely not impressed by the weather. They did leave some nice prunes, though!

David S. drove a long way last year, and the rest of us were from the bay area. Arriving at about 9-10PM on Friday night Carol, Tonto, and I were surprised to find 7 buses already there, even in that weather. And delicious food and spirits.

So I think that the we expect that the weather couldn't possibly be worse. And Pfeiffer, a beautiful spot, is relatively empty in the winter time.

So I'll chime in with a second for the 5th-7th of Jan.

Any other takers????

John Huguenard '81 Westy (Dino) hugie@lindy.stanford.edu