Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 1995 11:43:07 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Dilbert and minvans (f)

As I work in a software development team there seems to alot of "engineer humor." Engineering humor sometimes is as exciting as a peanut butter sandwich with a butter milk chaser is to a person with serious cotton mouth. The neighboring C++ guru handed out copies of the Dilbert cartoon the shows the boss stating that "Our goal is the write bug-free software. I'll pay a ten dollar bonus for every bug that you find and fix." Dilbert and the team shouts "YAHOO, We're rich!, yes,yes,yes!" The boss says "I hope this drives the right behavior." Dilbert's coworker says "I'm gonna write me a new minivan this afternoon!"

I was going through a QA routine of his work at that moment (a scarey thought in it's self). I therefore took the cartoon, crossed out the word "minivan" scribbled "microbus" next to it and circled it in red and wrote "QA" over it. I put it back in his mail box for his review... Being known as the resident VW "freak," he got the point. He knows how much I like the boring minivans with "Baby on board" signs. =)

HoHum, next?