Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Nov 91 10:35:18
From:         dace.ecc@argonet.co.uk (Mr D Eccles)
Subject:      More news and replies from England

Great to hear from so many of you. A few quick replies and more hellos (as opposed to Hellas) to all! To Sean R: Westfalia's were only available as imports here, so we don't have too many and they tend to be LHD. Devon and Canterbury Pitt were the big names in camping conversions, though the SSVC Van Register has unearthed some others like Side, Moorcroft and Eclipse conversions. To Jim:Luv Typing 2 Ink - wanna write for our mag? We have over 500 on our register to date, do you want the snail mail address of the keeper of the archives? To Lisa: contact NEATO on 505 268 2220 (sunny New Mexico) to get one of the calendars - tell Tom you saw it on the internet! Likewise any of Transatlantics who want one of these amazing treasures contact Neato; Europe etc via me. To all you others - hi again and looking forward to hearing more.... Some have asked about swapping mags / newsletters - snail mail me at 93 Dunton Road, Broughton Astley, Leicester, LE9 6NA England. Meanwhile.....the Split van scene over here is lively and flourishing, though with the advent of winter most of us are laying up vans in store or ready for the never ending restorations - our van is due for total top body resto having spent the last two tears replacing and renewing the bottom half, and the new engine, and the braking systen, and the reduction boxes, and the ...aaagh! We also drive a 1200 '72 Beetle (navy/white two tone) and this is about to expand when Hal finds a Beetle that's not full of rust! An American student on exchange at our school saw all my pictures of vans and the calendar on my classroom wall and wanted to know if I was a deadhead.(Dictionary - deadhead - wastrel, no hoper). Then I realised the word was capitalised - Deadhead! I'm still trying to work out whether I've been insulted or complemented. LOVE YER VANS! (and your families too! Stay bright! -- --. --. --. --. : : --- --- .---------------------------------------------. |_| |_| | _ | | | | |_ | |Internet provider for all Acorn RISC machines| | | |\ | | | | |\| | | '---------------------------------------------' | | | \ |_| |_| | | |__ | dace.ecc@argonet.co.uk