Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Nov 1995 02:48:27 -0500
From:         afk3@fred.net
Subject:      64 project for sale

I have finally decided to sell my project bus that just never seemed to really get started. As much as I dreamed of one day driving it restored, reality is that I don't have the money, don't plan on having the money any time soon, and I finally pulled it out of my shed to make room for my priority interest, setting up my woodshop so I no longer have to work for another screwed up company again. Anyhow, about the bus; I bought it several years ago, and had to replace the wheel cylinder and brake shoes to get it on the road. I drove it around for about a year, short runs out and about. It is still 6-volt, so eventually I had to park on a hill to start it. I drove it for the last time to our house we bought in March 94. I finally had a place to work on it, so I removed the interior, lights, motor, windows, with all intention of starting the resto. Then our son was born, and money situation has gone steadily south. The bus is semi put back together(windows back on, interior phsically inside bus). The motor is still in my shed. It is 100% complete, able to roll(tow).

The bus I believe would be considered a Kombi. Bench up front, no headliner behind seat. It had a table/bench set-up in back that could be dropped into a bed, but no other camper ammenities. I almost forgot to mention the factory safari's.

The bus is definately in need of major overhaul. Has a cancer problem in floor, but not sure how extensive it is.

Asking price: $550/best offer. The bus is located in northern Maryland. Please e-mail me directly, as I never have time to read the VANAGON digest anymore. Frank Krauch