Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         26 Nov 1995 01:43:25 GMT
From:         Norman_Leong@BayNetworks.COM (Norman Leong)
Subject:      SF auto show & t-shirts

Hi, volks

'Just got back from the SF auto show; about the same as every other year.

The VW booth had a WinneVan thing like last year, and it was death try- ing to even get near it, what with rugrats and their parents clamoring about (I can say this because I fall into this category).

I didn't get any word re: the soon to be VR6 EuroVan replacement, be it the EuroVan or Sharan. Perhaps someone who went to the show can pass along some encouraging words. Speaking of which, at the prices some of the auto mfrs. are asking for cars, those of us looking for 6 cylinder power in our vans best be hanging around your favorite Porsche recycler.

Also seen outside the show (Moscone Ctr), was a white EV MV (non poptop) with all sorts of nastiness to spread about VW, for example: On the back window: "My VW Mistake" then in smaller print something about plastic bumpers, hidden repairs not disclosed, side mounted gas tanks, blah, blah, blah.... Did you know that VW stood for "be Very Wary of (Volkswagen)"? Wow! I learn something new every day!

I was just wondering why, if this guy/gal had such a bone to pick, didn't s/he just ditch the thing and get something else (like the dreaded Chrysler products)?

Lastly, but not leastly, a big thanks to Richard Palmer for a fine job on Pt.2 of the vanagon list t-shirts. I received mine in good order the day after Thanksgiving. Bravo!

Norman norman_leong@baynetworks.com