Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 95 7:56:41 EST
From:         John Anderson <ja@coe.wvu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Engine Transplant Homework

OK,

upon further call back he will want more with the computers and f.i. system I believe. He misunderstood the first time, but this lot is a real back-woods don't know much about foreign car value place. A buddy once got a 15,000 mile 2.0 16V for $650 from them for a rabbit pickup. The guy is a straight shooter though and the engine will have the mileage he says. Hell one might even dicker on the basic price of the engine if you tell him VW specialty yards sell for less (I've done this sucessfully before stretching the truth somewhat on above 16V). Anyway I figure certainly under $2,500 with everything. Undoubtedly the engine alone will be only $1500 though. I believe it an early VR6 from a '93 with the early style ignition, I'm not sure. Anybody want it give him a call, he might even ship. I got no Vanagon, no dreams of air cooled to VR6 conversion (though considering what it will cost me to rebuild the 2.0 maybe I should) so here it is.

T&D Sales Diliner PA 1-800-448-3522 (not sure if this works all over country) (412)943-3522 M-F 9-5 S 9-12 (EST)

Engine is in a VW Passat. I'm going to be kicking myself over this later when I buy a VR6 Corrado won't I? And some conjectures are definitely correct, BMVW and Ron's Parts would probably be asking $5,000 for this engine or more with all the trimmings. May it make somebody a great conversion. Anybody want to beat VW to a VR6 EV (Ric anyone?)

Go for it.

John ja@coe.wvu.edu