Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 1995 18:38:49 -0500 (EST)
From:         william killian <killian@qnet.com>
Subject:      Re: Help Me Before I Spend a Fortune!

My opinions only of course...

On Sat, 4 Nov 1995, Dan Herbert wrote:

> We had just about resolved to keep fixing the 1988. > Having examined the Eurovan camper and been severely > underwhelmed by the loss of interior space compared to > our Westy, we thought that we would bite the bullet, > and work to keep ours on the road indefinitely. > > Unfortunately, we reviewed the VW Web Site the other > day, and were hooked by the photos of the Winnebago > modified long-wheelbase camper. > So, before I pony up Cdn $45,000 (which I don't have), > can V@L members advise me?

Is this the Rialta with the 'big box' or the lengthened normal box? I can't quite decide from your information. At that price I'm guessing Rialta but I'm not up on the current exchange rate from our Yankee money.

> Is the 5-cylinder reliable?

Other than the piston slap it sure seems to be. Ours is still young though.

> Is the front-engine design sorted out yet?

Been doing front wheel drive since 1975 I believe and the T4 since 1991 or 1992 I believe.

> Is the 4-speed automatic any good?

I'm not overwhelmed by it. It certainly works but I would have preferred to have the manual transmission.

> Is the paint better?

Better than what?

> Should I see my bank manager?

Can't really answer that for you. We're thinking about getting a Rialta but had expected to wait for the VR6 in a year or so. TO add to not replace our VW stable.

bill killian '93 EV MV '73 Things (3)