Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Nov 1995 14:29:59 -0800
From:         Scott Bogen <runwesty@onramp.net>
Subject:      It gets cold in Atlanta

Hi all, Well I moved down here to Atlanta GA the heart of the south to escapre ever seeing the thermometer register -30f, I am quite confident that I have achieved that. But as far as an esacpe from the cold, well last night that illusion crashed along with the mercury, which at my house hovered just around 29f, now that is certainly not cold by the standards of any of you up there in the north. But I have smuggly sat here deleting without reading all the posts regarding heating the bus, thinking that I won't have to worry about that. I froze my butt off last night driving in the bus. I had to stop at a gas station to use the little hand dryers in the rest room to warm my feet. I really would love to spend a bit of time with the engineers and mangement who signed off on the "heater" in the bus. What the hell were these people thinking? Does it not get cold in Germany or what? I can't even begin to imagine how you all stay warm up there above the Mason-Dixon. So the point of this, with my tail between my legs, any smugness ditched and replaced by humility, could some one if they still have some of the articles on heating a breadloaf forward them to me? I am not planning on needing to heat it while sitting still ie camping but just having it be somewhere near comfortable while driving. Thanks and if anyone knows of any jobs in southern cal or fla for a web designer please let me know :) woolily yours, Scoob