Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Nov 95 9:20:09 EST
From:         John Anderson <ja@coe.wvu.edu>
Subject:      Re: 3/4" Socket set

Well I got mine back 2 years ago for $29 on sale from the $39 price FWIW I just got a new sale catalog last week with the set on sale for the old $39 price. I've raved before about what an unbeatable deal this is months ago. While ordering some other nice considerations are the 16 pc industrial punch/chisel set (extremely nice quality, but only the top of the line set) goes like $13 (similar chisels each $5 at Sears) or the 15 pc 1/4 3/8 1/2 wobble extension set , which is not exceptional quailty wise but can really get you out of a jam about $10. I just nticed a new item a 3 pc locking 3/8 extension set which locks on the socket for $10 which I'm ordering as should anyone who has ever lost or nearly lost a spark plug socket on no 2 under the type 4 cooling tin. Also a nice timing light with dial in advance now goes from them for $45 (up to 60BTDC) I'm finally going into the next generation and replacing dad's 20 year old (can only see in the dark, hook it into the wires) 5$ model. If anyone needs the catalog number and item numbers email me I'll gladly provide. Worth saving the $5 to get something else. BUT BE WARNED, ONCE YOU START GETTING THE CATALOGS YOU'LL WANT TO BUY ALL KINDS OF STUFF YOU DON'T NEED.

JOhn ja@coe.wvu.edu