Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Nov 1995 22:41:30 -0600
From:         ehintz@mail.utexas.edu (Edmund A. Hintz)
Subject:      Re: Why VW's + T&A?

>I personally like the babes in bikini's. Yes, I'm a family man over 40, >but I'm not upset at having to look at scantily clad women on every other >page. Quite the contrary. > >I do however agree that the writing in these magazines are about 6th >grade level and could be improved, but pleeeze, don't take away the babes! > While I neither subscribe to nor read said mags, I too am forced to agree that observing the female form is an enjoyable thing for me. I also have no objection to scantily clad *males* for the *females* among us to observe. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that many of the (young, insecure) regular readers of said rags may have a homo-phobic reaction to same. And as well, I'm afraid that like it or not, the automotively interested tend more towards the male persuasion, making it unprofitable for the rags. OTOH, I'm not a proponent of gals in my parts catalog. When I need parts, I could care less how well endowed the girl in the picture is, and her salary is raising my parts cost. No bueno.

I speak merely from observation, seems that most of the ladies I meet are rather uninterested in the intracacies of a CV joint. Perhaps Joel can enlighten us on the ratio of male/female subscribers? I would be mildly curious. Seems that most of the posts are males, but there may be a large # of female lurkers out there soaking up knowedge. I actually wish that my SO would show more interest in the bus, but it is not to be.

Fire extinguisher handy... (BTW, got to use my fire extinguisher Sun. AM. Big ol' Chevy Suburban was burning when I got off the freeway, cop used up his exting. while I waited at the light, so I jumped out and offered mine. Didn't do any good, it was to far gone. Got to watch the tires explode. Which brings me to VW content: If that Chevy'd been equipped with an extin. I'd still have 2 extin. (one was at home) and he'd still have a truck. Something to think about when your fuel line is above your distributor...)

Peace, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Edmund A. "Eddie" Hintz **|** "You may say I'm a dreamer, Voice Major, UT Austin * | * But I'm not the only one... (512) 416-7980 * /|\ * I hope someday you'll join us, <ehintz@mail.utexas.edu> */ | \* And the world will live as one. '70 Primered Transporter ***** Imagine." ------------------------------------------------------------------------