Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Nov 1995 05:43:36 -0600 (CST)
From:         David L Finet <finet@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject:      Why VWs & T/A.

Good Morning everyone,

one more thought on the T/A issue and then I'd personally like to get back to the tech stuff. (although i'll welcome mature discussion of the subject which gets sent directly to me.)

There seem to be some folks that feel that because one model is well paid for partially exposing herself, that that makes it all okay. That proves my point pretty well. We as a society will pay hundreds of dollars for a woman to pose for these kinds of photos, but when it comes to equal pay for equal work, almost across the board, women make ~$.70 to every $1.00 that a man makes... for the same work. some on this list argue their points by analogy and inuendo, this is a fact.

Also, if you think that women are not treated as second class citizens, ask why there are no "wonderbriefs" designed to make men's packets bulge out for the admiration of the adoring masses. I feel cetain that some of the more "clever" men on this list will rush to tell us that they don't need any packet enhancement, and without ever seeing them, i will agree... not because I believe them to be well endowed, but because they aren't judged on their looks, so they need not worry about how people view them.

As I said, I don't want to keep up on this on the list... I realize that it is not what most people tune in here for...

have a good day, dave