Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 1995 09:21:28 -0500
From:         "Robert Tommaselli~+212.238.2563" <Robert.Tommaselli@ska.com>
Subject:      Re: EV & EV Camper

Hal,

Thanks for the feed back.

On Nov 7, 12:47pm, hal roth wrote: > Subject: Re: VANAGON digest 680: EV & EV Camper > I'd like to follow up on some of the items discussed by Robert Tomaselli in > his very detailed response to Dan Herbert about the EV Camper. > > 2. The extended length EV Camper (Riatta?) is not the only camper available

I don't think the (Riatta?) and EV Camper are the same.

> in Canada. There is also a regular length "Eurovan CV Camper" which seems to > come with many of the same features that Robert details. It "starts at" $34,995 > Canadian, a fair piece of change cheaper. I found out about it through a home- > page set up by Southgate VW in Edmonton (403-435-4821). Incidently, they also > list a 7-seater GLS model (=93 EV MV??), a 4-seater CV model with a 2.5 litre > diesel engine, and a Transporter Panel Van (starting at $20,995). > > 3. Robert, your salesman may have lied to you about the crash test results, but

As would be most salesman's nature.

> The crash tests Robert's salesman was probably referring to were the ones > done by VW themselves and they're not published.

You are correct. Now that I jog my memory he did mention that the crash tests were done in Europe, probably by VW.

> > 5. I understand that EV Synchros ARE being produced but are not being imported > to the US at this time. Rumor has it (again) that some Canadian dealers may > have them.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool away.

> > 6. Extended warranties are not a bad idea with the EV, if you can get one for > dealer cost. The VW plans are expensive, but I got a cheaper one through > GE Capitol (yes, that's General Electric getting into the money biz) for > $435 in May of '93 that extended the 2 year bumper-to-bumper warranty to > 6 years or 75,000 miles. I filed two claims on it so far and they have been > settled quickly to my satisfaction. The only problem is that the dealer who > now works on the van doesn't know from this warranty and I have to do the > paperwork myself. Didn't have to with the dealer I bought it from.

My VW salesman actually told me to hold out on the VW plan and within the year another company, probably GE, would be offering me a cheaper extended warranty. It seemed strange but I went with it.

Another thing that puzzles me is that I saw some adds on TV a while back stating the 100,000/5yr standard warranty on new 95 VW's. Anyone manage to get a 95 EV with the 100,000/5yr warranty? I didn't, just got the standard 24K/2yr.

-- ***************************************************************** * A little KINDness is ,=,==========. * * is all you need, /_| |___| U * * Robert Tommaselli / o U * * U-()-------()--'95 EV-Camper * **** The bus came by, I got on, that's when it all began ********