Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 01 Nov 95 22:16:23 -0500
From:         Gary Clayton <coyote@nando.net>
Subject:      Report - Durham NC gathering 11/1/95

-- [ From: Gary Clayton * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

It was a dark and stormy night......

Well, not really stormy but it did rain most of the day here. Four people driving four busses showed up:

Richard Palmer '67 Standard Gary Clayton '76 Camper John Rottet '78 Camper David Most '79 Camper

I got my Tshirt from Richard. I understand the praise I read here for them - can't wait to wear it! David showed us the EPA/US Gov. paperwork he had to get to register his bus in the US after buying it in Canada. It has a gas heater that he hopes to get running. I showed off the 3/4 inch pvc pipe I cut to hold a tarp on the rain gutter of the bus. I ran with this idea after it came up here on the mailing list and have worked out a good system - I hope to do a WWW page with pics on how to make one. John showed us his tie-dyed ceiling panels - he sprayed adhesive, then attached dyed fabric to them - very cool. Richard gave us the history of the 6 or so busses he has owned.

In the vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu tradition we shared pizza and beer at Satisfaction Restaurant. On the wall beside our table was the rear (from the top of the rear window back) of a VW beetle. We guessed that is was parts from several different years. They also have the front ends of 2 beetles.

I imagine the weather had something to do with more of you NC people showing up. We'll shoot for another get-together in early Dec. when the 2nd edition Tshirts are ready.

-gary Gary Clayton coyote@nando.net '76 Campmobile "Rocinante"