Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:43:22 -0600 (CST)
From:         Jon Christensen <vvwca@primenet.com>
Subject:      Interesting 57 Single Cab--California

Hi All,

This was on the USENET, but interesting enough to spread the word to=20 those who may not have seen it. Be sure to contact the seller on this,=20 not me. 8-)

Jon Christensen '56,58,71 Ghias,'56,67 Bugs,'59,'61,'63 TII's, '87 Golf GL /V\ Membership Coordinator for the Vintage VW Club of America= =20 \W/ Co-Editor of the Vintage VW Club of America Newsletter= =20 vvwca@primenet.com Kansas City Kombis' NEATO Co-Representative -------------------------------------------------- >From: "Drew J. Cronk" <global1@sonic.net>

Subject: Re: FS: 1957 VW Pickup (California)

Re: 1957 V.W. Type II Model 26 (Single Cab Pickup)

>Boy, that sure sounds tempting... Does it have the original bumpers? >Are the wheelwells cut? Any rust? How are the gates?

Original front blade only. Wheelwells are untouched. And the only rust on the whole vehicle is located on the gates, at the hinges.

However, as clean and presentable as this truck is (hey, remember, I've loved it---mechanically AND emotionally---for the past ten years) I wouldn't recommend making a dash out here from Kansas to inspect it.

I'd appreciate it, however, if you'd pass the word on to your colleges whom might be located a wee bit closer to California.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D here is the original post: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D

1957 V.W. Type II Model 26 (Single Cab Pickup)

Clean; adult mechanic built, owned and maintained; daily driver.

Price: $2500 or B/O Location: Sonoma County, CA (Approximately 1.5hrs north of San Francisco.) Contact: global1@sonic.net =20 Specs (Also see notes at conclusion of these specifications.)

Motor =80 1600cc Single Port =80 60K miles (only 20K miles on [new, not rebuilt] heads) =80 German H Series Case =80 Gene Berg Oil Pump =80 Gene Berg Hard Rocker Shafts =80 Gene Berg Swivel Feet Valve Adjusters =80 Solex 30/31 Carburetor

Transaxle =80 Transform, Inc. Super Stock 388 R & P =80 Freeway gears=8Bmuch higher than original. =80 Guaranteed by Transform for life.

Suspension and Brakes =80 KYB Gas Shocks, Front & Rear =80 ADDCO Anti-sway Bars, Front & Rear =80 New Brake Shoes (Front & Rear) =80 All other Brake Components, including Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinders, and Hoses have been regularly inspected and replaced as needed. =20 Electrical =80 12 Volt =80 CIBE Halogen Headlamps (Street legal.) =80 New Bosche Starter (Guaranteed for life.) =80 New Bosche Generator (Guaranteed for life.) =80 New Bosche .009 Distributor

I have owned, operated and maintained this vehicle for the past ten years. During that period, regular, scheduled maintainance has been performed, including oil changes and valve adjustments every 3K miles. Additionally, during both the original mechanical restoration process and during subsequent maintainance, I=B9ve consistently utilized OEM German (not cheap Brazilian or Mexican) or Gene Berg (made in USA) parts wherever possible.

global1@sonic.net