Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 1995 22:02:31 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (rusty vanbondo)
Subject:      re: Tragic story

Re: working 18 years on this project only to have the engine seize on the first trial run.

Dang, It sounds like the ultimate "Resto from Hell" Too bad, Sorry to hear it.

I also heard a preacher once give a sermon which included the tale of the couple that were high school sweethearts, raised a family, active in church, loved every one, every one loved them, yadda, yadda. Near retirement time with the family gone etc., they saved bucks to get the Honda Goldwing that they always wanted. Retirement came and they got the bike. Everyone gathered to wish them well on their "once in a lifetime" roadtrip. Birds were chirping and whatever. The couple (supposedly) were blazing down the road when a on-coming semitruck on the other side of the divided highway lost a wheel. It (supposedly) rolled toward them and zipped across the center median area and popped up right in front of them. Instant moosh and Grams and Pops were toast! The moral was basically "Whatever/whenever/be ready" I guess "Don't leave home without it" would also have been appropriate. Probably another urban folk tale intended to bum people out and convert souls. Point taken...

I often look at the '57 Single and think of the bit about "this too shall turn to rust." As with myself, I also think that if it starts in the morning and makes it home then all will be cool.

VanBondo\