Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Nov 1995 00:08:13 -0500
From:         VipEC@aol.com
Subject:      Study to find the BEST oil scientifically

Greetings group,

I would like to start by asking if anyone is interested in participating in a study to determine which oil is best for which car. I am not interested in opinions, just pure scientific data. Over the past 20 years I have been using and selling an oil analysis service that I am really a believer in for answers to these questions. I have a 1991 Lexus LS 400.

I have been studying oils for a long time and continually hear the various opinions about who like what oil and I never see scientific data about it. The lab I use, United Testing, cannot reveal any data directly because they keep the results confidential. So what I would like to do is offer, at an extreme discount, the service I sell to those who will commit to provide me with the data. Before I discovered the internet, this would have been cumbersome to get someone to make a copy and mail it to me. I would like to compile a database of all the data and about every 25 or so reports that I receive, I will transmit the database to everyone who commits to participate. This way we can see other cars similar to ours running different oils and find out which oil might be better than ours. With an oil analysis history you can change oils and immediately notice the difference.

If this study interests you please send me an email note and I will forward to you 3 reports from my car and more details about the offer. George Mizzell, Jr. Comp-U-Oil 1836 Canyon Road Vestavia Hills, AL 35216 - USA (if outside of US)

If you would like to let me know of your interest please drop me an email message with your car and oil type.

Thank you very very much for your cooperation and interest.

George Mizzell