Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Nov 95 22:00:58 -0500
From:         Mike Mott <mottware@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:      65 UnEarthing - how/where to attach drag chain?

-- [ From: Mike Mott * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I will be buying a 65 Camper next saturday :), not sure if its a westy, and its been sitting for 8 years at the bottom of a sunken driveway [basement level garage, lower than street...].

I will be using the tires/wheels from my 68 westy, unless someone points out that they will not fit, to aid in the extraction from the rust pit [eight years of accumulated leaves have created SOIL!].

The existing tires have cracks the size of the Grand Canyon......

There is a mouse nest in one of the drawers.......

But boy oh boy does it have restoration potential!!!!

What I am hoping is that someone out there can tell me where to attach the chain that will be used to pull it out. It is parked nose in. The rear bumper is loose and would not handle the load. Cant get the engine door open, car parked behind it slid into rear. There are 14 inches on each side to work with. I have never seen the underside of a 65 splittie and would be most gratefull to anyone who can advise.

Thanks in advance.......

Mike Mott mottware@ix.netcom.com

68 Westy Soon - 65 Camper