Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Nov 1995 09:40:22 -0500
From:         "Chris Chubb" <cchubb@ida.org>
Subject:      South of the Border, Please!

Hello,

The Problem: I live in Virginia. I want to go to Mexico for a week. I want to travel in a Westy. (Baywindow or Vanagon, does not matter) I dont want to spend the week driving my '71 Bus all the way, just to spend a day across the border. I would like to start from Southern CA or Texas (fly in) and drive across from there.

I listened to the fun and comraderie of the last Vanagon trip across the broder with more than a slight touch of envy.

I was wondering if anybody on the left coast or Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, etc., knew of a company that rents Westies for trips into Mexico or would be willing to rent me thier pride and joy for some fun down there. Or, even better, would like to caravan down into Mexico with us, on another 'official' Vanagon trip.

Im trying to talk my Wife into next April 15th or so, ("Run from the Taxman, The Taxman Cometh"). Not this April, Im too broke this year, and have no vacation time left.

If you have a Baywindow Westy, you can trust me with it, really. I have owned my Baywindow since I was 3 years old, and drive it everyday. Please just rent it to me for a week. Please.

My wife would rather fly into some resort, stay in a hotel for a week, and fly home. I told her 'that is a vacation, I want an adventure.' Please help me take her to Mexico in a Westy.

Also, Im still tossed up between the Baja and Central Mexico. I want beaches, she wants Volcanos. (Yipes!) What can we do?

Thanx for paying attention to the ramble.

-- -- Chris Chubb (cchubb@ida.org) - (703)-845-2287 [Alexandria, VA, USA] ____________________________________________________________________ \All opinions expressed or implied may not reflect those of the \ \Institute for Defense Analyses, the US Government, or anyone else. \ --------------------------------------------------------------------