Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:03:09 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Re: Any Single Cab Value vs Crew?

Regarding the value of Single Cabs...

I am rather troubled by the seemingly polar values between Crews and Singles. Sure, most everyone would like to have the Crew advantages of the extra passanger area and less claustraphobia that is found in the Single. On the other hand I have watched trends come and go with the accompanying vehicle value fluxuations e.g. Ghias (any) were priceless in the 1980's and now (with some exceptions and converts) appear to be a hard seller vs other VW models. I have seen several Crews that were total rats bought and sold for stupidly high prices. (1. $3000 with divider cut out and hoards of rust 2. $5000 Wavey Bondo/Fiberglass rat with nasty "fresh" white paint job) On the other hand I saw a nice '59 Single for sale at the AZ Bus Club Jerome Jamboree with no takers at $1700. The same truck was at Bug-o-Rama sporting a fresh Dove Blue paint job, reworked motor, and decent tires start at $3000. in the local paper, drop to $2700 at the show and eventually get trailered home with no buyer even after being offered at a "blow out" price of $2000. for most of the day. I hate to imagine what my '57 Single with hoops, canvas,orgl 36hp and split case tranny (both set to the side), semaphores, updated drive train, and rocker rust and patchwork quilt primer paint job is worth. I will just keep it as a runner and not attempt another resto hell on this one (for now). I know the old saw about opinions (we don't need to repeat it, thank you). Comments anyone? rvb\