Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Dec 1995 14:40:37 -0700
From:         Dieter Dworkin Muller <dworkin@village.org>
Subject:      bus bits and mail problems

This is actually in response to private mail from Tom Forhan. I'm sending it here because I can't seem to come up with a valid email address for him. tforhan@house.hr.gov bounces as `unknown domain'. tforhan@hr.house.gov is a known domain, but denies all knowledge of the user tforhan. As a last best-effort, I tried tom.forhan@hr.house.gov, but that didn't work either. So, Tom, please let your sysadmin know there's a problem with email at your site.

: Great first cut! Ihave tow comments:

Thanks.

: 1) Do more than bits, have some place for whoole busses for sale, and : wanted. You don't have to change the name of the page...it great. : A bus is just a collection of bits anyway.

I'm a little reluctant to do this, because I can see it becoming a major time sink. The problem is that vehicles go on and off the market relatively quickly, compared to obscure parts. I am making the assumption that most of the listings here are going to be for obscure parts, since the common stuff is so easy to get. However, we'll see what happens.

: 2) For parts listings, put the part name first, then the component, : then the other stuff. Once you have thousands of items (and you : will) it will make it easier to scan the top of each item,

Done.

Dworkin