Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Dec 1995 09:01:40 -0600 (CST)
From:         jbrill@unlinfo.unl.edu (James Brill)
Subject:      Bad Short '73 Bus

Not a short bus, a bus short. This is on a friend's '73 bus. The symptoms are that the battery will go dead if it sits for 24 hours without running. The battery was replaced. No improvement. We then did the Muir fuse thing where you pull out fuses one at a time until you don't get the spark when you install the ground cable. We narrowed it down to the number two fuse. This fuse controls the park and tail lights and the license plate light. We replaced one bad bulb and cleaned up one other to get it to work. Still a spark. We pulled out the headlight switch and ran the volt meter over it. None of them show any power except the big hot wire coming into the thing. We also checked the emergency flasher switch, which is on another fuse, just to be sure.

So, we are stuck. This is where we kindly ask you fine folks if you have seen this problem before and what was the fix? Standing at the ready, multimeter in hand.... -- James A. Brill Jr. \\ // jbrill@unlinfo.unl.edu \\ \\// // If you're not outraged University of Nebraska \\//\\// you're not paying attention. free-lance homo sapien \/ \/