Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Dec 1995 18:15:46 -0500
From:         Dan Herbert <dan.herbert@utoronto.ca>
Subject:      Re: Westie Propane Gauge? (fwd)

--Part9512191513A Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII

Gee, after Tim Smith savaged my new EV Winnebago, (see clipping below), am I allowed to boast that I can check the propane level automatically from the LED panel? (Presumably while making coffee at 100 kph on cruise control?)

Tim Smith wrote:

>Spent 20 minutes going over a Eurovan/Winebag Westy. Too >much plastic, way >too much, reminded me of an airplane, little storage >bins/lockers etc. >Storage space sucked, same good rear corner locker, but >under bench about 8" >deep and not full width, rear area taken up by battery(s) >and furnace >(Suburban brand, propane), small suitcase cubby hole 16" >wide in middle. >Rear mattress pad was say 1.5" thick, groan. They get >thinner every model >change, loafs 4-5", vanagon 3-4", eurvan 1-2", (sorry >splitties, never owned >one, yet!) > Nice fridge, Norcold, big! At least the door was, >I couldn't open >it, or much of the kitchen since the double middle seat was >firmly against >it. There is NO WAY anyone even mildly portly is getting >into the rear >bench with that sucker in either. Had H2O/grey water >tanks. There is no >rear window on drivers side, badly claustrophobic (fear of >santas) once I >had wedged myself into the back seat, shedding donut crumbs >and grunting. >Surrounded by a uniform haze of muted gray colours, in >pebble textured >plastic, natch. A Prozac experience? And the curtains... >plastic accordian >pulldowns, this van badly needs some wood/cloth trim, mind >you baby puke >will wipe off easily. > So, what did I like about it? Well it's no >Vanagon, felt cramped >overall, but the big triangular side windows in the pop-top >are back! Yes, >that's all folks, liked the side windows, miss'em in my >vanagon. $38K-Cdn >base, $42K as equipped, Oh, plus 18.7% taxes, let's call it >$50 grand. The >regional rep wasn't happy when I said I could buy 4 >excellent used Westy >vanagons for that money and never need to buy another VW in >my life.

Daniel R. Herbert dan.herbert@utoronto.ca

1995 EV-Winnebago

"Don't take life so seriously. You aren't going to get out of it alive anyway."

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Daniel R. Herbert dan.herbert@utoronto.ca

1995 EV-Winnebago

"Don't take life so seriously. You aren't going to get out of it alive anyway."

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

--Part9512191513A--