Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         95-12-19 13:57:28 EST
From:         FOUNDS

1967 Deluxe Transporter 57,000 original miles. Split Window and12 volt. Best offer above $900 -$1200 invested (Not a camper) (No mountain view windows) (Four windows on each side including door windows) Original two tone blue and white paint & elephant ear mirrors, spare tire, among practically everything else 'cept the rear seats, the 1400cc engine, one side window hinge, the gear shifter knob(stolen) side window hinge(stolen), & drivers side small window lockthing.. It has new seat covers, good interior:orig. interior side panels(some of them sundried and bent-heat them up&bend them back) headliner perfect 'cept one small spot. Window shades, rear view mirror: excellent, what do you want to know? Deluxe bumpers and step ups, including step rail beneath barn doors it's a great bus but I dont have the rear seats - i was going to use it to carry around art supplys i didn't know there worth and trashed them. The engine isn't the original but runs great/very strong 1600cc-starts every time. drives good! Great bus but over 50/55 starts to sway when you hit a bump-I'm prepared to put on recently purchased rear shocks but can't find new front ones. 2nd gear sometimes tricky to find but overall shifting fine. Iv'e had it for 2 years and put maybe 50 miles on it- the longest distance 10 miles to Bugfest 95 in Kentucky. i just start it up and look at it or move it around the block so it doesn't get ticketed. I'm the third owner The firt being Hasson Motors of Cincinnati. NEW: FRONT SEAT COVERS, TIRES, REBUILT CARB (single barrel), ELECTRINIC FUEL PUMP, INLINE FUEL REGULATOR, REAR SHOCKS, BATTERY, STERRING DAMPER, and that little solenoid lookin' thing that sticks out from your carb ($40) Has underbody rust that needs attention especially, barn door railing. otherwise few rusty spots-needs new panels but there not completly rusted through in all areas -maybe 4-8 inches of rockers needs welding behind the side panels. If I new how to do body work I would fix this bus up myself. I love it but wouldn't mind seeing it go to a good home - especially since I need a grand to go towards a computer. And for all those who still want to here more: Theres one small (very small) rust spot on the dash where a seal was leaking. Orig. seals need replacing but have never leaked 'cept there. There is some rust on the bumpers of course but restorable. The floor under the drivers foot and in the rear is somewhat rusted in areas/orig rubber mats still good. The wheel wells are rusted by where you open the door and look down-not too bad though, I have the original keys- all locks work..all original windows/most everything on it is original. The radio, lights work -wipers do not. Ive just been doing engine/fluid up keep and watching it rust. A good investment for anyone interested in beautiful classic VWs. Help her find a garage! With the exception of the rear seats: This is the Bus!