Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         21 Dec 1995 16:45:55 GMT
From:         Norman_Leong@BayNetworks.COM (Norman Leong)
Subject:      Michelin tires & EV recalls

Ric wrote:

>I have to report that the MXLs are 1000% better than the Contis ever >were! They handle packed snow, fresh snow, >6" deep snow, those piles >of snow left in the road when those inconsiderate idiots plow out >their driveways and leave a mound in the middle of the road...on and >on ad nauseum...

Good to hear that the MXLs work well in snow; in case anyone's interested, don't try going up a dirt and gravel 20+ percent grade...'results in zippo traction and lotsa blue smoke... ;-)

Ahh, where is that Syncro model when you need one...

Oh, BTW, last week there was a thread about recalls on EVs; the following recall campaigns apply (at least) to stick shift EVs w/ power windows, OK?:

Recall Campaign SW Recall Campaign SP

One is for the power window regulator and the other is for the improperly torqued shifter nut. E-mail me if you want the gory details.

Norman norman_leong@baynetworks.com