Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         16 Dec 1995 21:48:20 GMT
From:         cbe2035@InfoNET.st-johns.nf.ca (Bernard Heard)
Subject:      Re: FOR-SALE: 2 VW's

John Bedard (Johnb5@tde.com) wrote: : In article <4ao9oi$jh1@ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>, mtck@ix.netcom.com(MTCK ) wrote:

: > >I purchased two new FORD vehicles. I am a happier man!!!! Now I want : > to get a few bucks for the piece-of-shit VW. Will never buy a VW again: : > >Here it is: : > > : > >-83 Rabbit convertible. Needs head Job, $700.00 OBO : > >-83 VANAGON camper. Good body but needs rear-end, $900.00 OBO : > >-both for $1500.00 OBO : > >Make an offer, if you wait too long, I'll have to burn the crap! : > >I am in the New-Orleans, LA Area. Will bring both vehicles to you : > >within 100 mile radius. : > >Sergio deRada : > : > He obviously posted to the wrong group. We are VW lovers not haters : > here. And speaking of shit how are those Fords doing? : > : > MTCK : > 87' Scirocco 16V

: Not to mention the fact that almost any *brand new* car is better than : most 13-year old any-car. Let's see how those Frauds (er... Fords) are : doing in just *10* years...

: John

: -- : 1973 914 2.0, 1979 Rabbit

: Reality-ometer : [E\.....F] Uh oh...

1983 Rabbit that needs a cylinder head job? Pretty damn good if you ask me. Those engines usually require a head job around 80-100K. As for needing a <i>transaxle</i>, not "rear end" as he stated, on a 1983 Westfalia, hmmmmmm? Sounds like it might have been thrashed over the years. Too bad about the change to "ford". You can already see what it's done to his general attitude and demeanor and they're NEW! Just wait a couple of years. He ought to be a real jewel by then.

(My 1985 Golf has been one of my best buddies. She outlasted a wife and two girlfriends but I've finally got to part with her, too. I can't afford to continue putting money into her to keep her going. It adds up to too much over the years but I still swear by her. Best damn car I ever owned!! So there!) <i>bc</i> -- "My finances are like the Cod Fishery... you can't manage what you don't have." BCH 1995