Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Dec 1995 13:14:01 -0300
From:         johnny89 <johnny89@io.com>
Subject:      Timing with a 009 Distributor..?

Martin Sage writes:

>You should find a screw on top holding down the points... >I use a strobe light to time my '71 5degrees ATDC vaccum on >Do you have a degree mark pulley or just on with a notch for TDC? >The degree pulley is easier to read ...if you have only the notch >then you need to locate where 5degrees is. If you need that info >let me know and I'll send it to you.

I reply:

Martin:

Thanks for getting back to me! I am just about to go out and adjust the valves and I will have to time the engine soon...

I don't have a degree pulley. I've seen them advertised--are they easy to install without taking everything apart, or do I have to wait until I take the engine out...?

At this point I only have the notch and have no idea where to locate 5 degrees...I could guess, but that would be cheating... also, I found out today that I have a Bosh009 distributor...does this make a diff?

Any comments and help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

J89

/ ! ) <+) (") (.> ---Hey! Support your local scene! WEBscene, that is! /( )\/( )\/( )\ VOLKSADDICT, webscene for aircooled enthusiasts | | | | | | http://www.io.com/~johnny89/Volksaddict ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The Guy Who Does This: johnny89@io.com