Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 05 Dec 1995 11:40:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:         RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Subject:      EuroVan Accessories..or lack thereof

In my EV literature collection, I have a T4 Accessory catalogue from Norway. There is a lot of neat stuff in it. For example, there is a console organizer which fits into the depression in the dash above the glove box, and a console which mounts on the floor forward of the shift lever. These are two which come to mind...if there is any interest, I could post more when I get home and look at the catalogue.

Anyway, to the point. I'll be in France (Switzerland, Germany, etc) for the month of January and will be scouting out accessories from the local VW dealers...perhaps we could make arangements for me to pick stuff up.

One of the things I want to get is a rear fog light which fits into the corner of the back bumper. Last time we were in Europe we rented a T4 Caravelle which had the rear fog light. This time we also are renting another Caravelle. Our last one was white like our EV here...I'm thinking about being just a bit "sleazy" and taking the corner piece from our bumper...bringing it to France...and then the night before we turn in our van, take off the corner piece with the fog light, and put ours on! Assuming of course, the one we rent this time is white!!

Speaking of fog lights...the "factory" fogs which sit in the indentations on the front bumper are $$$$...about $350 for the pair! They may not fit the US version as they are the projector type and the rear part of the light unit is MASSIVE!!!, and will probably hit against the A/C components in the right front wheel well.

Let me know if you want any further accessory postings!

Ric

P.S. I have the ventshades on our EV...they work GREAT...we also have the lexan headlight covers (from Canada), and suspenders and a bra... oops that was Monty Python... 8)