Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Dec 1995 11:10:09 +0000
From:         "Harry Yates" <hyates@bcit.bc.ca>
Subject:      Awning info..

Hi Everyone. I've forgotten who requested the awning information I promised, but I also figured that maybe others might be interested as well.

Norseman Mfg., 14545 - 115 Ave., Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5M 3B6 ph : 403-451-6939

I have a 10' Norseman Apollo awning with VW adapter bracket kit in which I paid $455 CDN for the awning, and $39 CDN for the kit in 1990.

The 10' length is a bonus as you can have the sliding door opened all the way, and rain doesn't enter from the front as about 1/3 of the front door is covered as well. The mounting kit is just two brackets that go against the raingutter. No holes are drilled into the body. I use small pieces of inner tube to go against the paint, and no damage is done to the van with this system. The original bottom brackets are aluminum and will eventually bend. I've replaced these brackets with some 3/16 thick angle iron in the same dimension as the original brackets, and they are fine.

The awning itself is great, but you can't regulate how much awning you want. ie. it's either folded out or fulled extended (about 6' from the van).

Hope this information helps those that may be curious. BTW, Norseman also make a mounting kit for the Eurovan, but holes have to be drilled into the body to support the awning :(

Harry. --------------------------------------------------------- Burnaby, British Columbia CANADA '90 Syncro Westfalia email:hyates@bcit.bc.ca '87 Golf Diesel WWW: http://www.bcit.bc.ca/~hyates