Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Dec 1995 07:38:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:         RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Subject:      Re: any eurovans out there

Moe says: "it's really not a GTI"???

C'est vrai, mon ami...I had a GTI, but for a van compared to the other Scheissler, Ford, Chevy "minivans", and even most softly sprung 'mericun cars it can more than hold its own! With ABS I've (when driving alone) been able to have fun with those types of cars by late braking going into exit ramps. (CAUTION - Kids don't try this at home...should only be attempted by slightly insane EuroVan drivers).

But I have to agree with you about the heat! Here are a couple of heater tips for newbie EV'ers...

1. To get the EV to warm up real quick, turn on the air recirculation switch (the one on the dash with the "round" arrow). This will cause the cabin air to be re-heated, rather than to have the heater heat outside air. Once the cabin is sufficiently warm, switch the recirculating switch off. I have found that I can get the van to warm-up up to 5 minutes quicker on a real cold day.

2. Set the rear-heater to a slightly warmer setting, and use the front heater on the dash vent settings. This seems to circulate the air better, and you can set the front heater to a slightly cooler setting and have a quasi-bi-level heating system.

Ric