Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Dec 1995 22:25:51 -0600
From:         drphibes@siu.edu (Peter DePaoli)
Subject:      Re: Ideas on my '67 microbus??

At 09:53 PM 12/10/95 -0600, Rafi Greenberg wrote: >Well, this may not be the right place to be asking, but I'll try = >anyways. I recently bought a 1967 VW Microbus in unbelievably. I think I got the car for a good deal (about $3500) Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks! > >--- Rafi > Hey Rafi... Nice score. I only wish I had that kind of money to drop on a nice splitty, but until I do I'll have to bee happy with my bubble window busses and super. I think the blue and white is a good idea, in fact that is the color scheme that I have in mind for my splittie when i eventually get one. I want to paint the lower Wedgewood blue and the upper China white and get a vanity license plate "China Doll" in tribute to both J. Garcia and Wedgewood China. As far as the loose steering... I'd check the front end parts, i.e. tie rods etc. Also, there may still be some adjustment left in your gear box, that might take the play out of the steering as well. As far as what to do with it... I'd suggest restoring it to stock and driving it all over the place (all painted up pretty like) with a big cheesey grin on your face. :) Happy air-cooled motoring to you...

Peter DePaoli Carbondale,IL '69 Panel Camper '71 Westy (Parts anyone?) '73 Super Beetle '82 Suzuki GS750 w/ parts bike and a chevy just to see how those water cooled things work