Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Dec 1995 23:06:29 -0600 (CST)
From:         Oleg Perelet <perelet@wri.com>
Subject:      New to list, anyone want to trade bus for BMW 2002:)

Hello, as subject sayz i'm new to the list. About myself: Day time R&D for software company (makes Mathematica) Cars, mostly BMW's. M3 and 3 2002's. But have kids, so usually we use couple 02's to go somewhere. Used to have 5 series, still small. Few months ago decided to expand and got standard car - Nissan Van, last week 'sold'(ripoff) it back to dealer - too boring. With few exceptions, IMHO good cars went out with 70's.

My parents used to have bus, so, why don't try it? Slow is ok, i've got tool to visit Montana (no speed limits:).

So, that's about it. I'll hate to sell my 02's, because hate to see them smashed by some crazyhad. But i don't have anymore space for 5th car. So if anyone wants smaller/faster but true German (the real thing) car let me know.

About my cars: 1. 71, restored sometime ago, high compression engine, fast... I bought it because it got the same paint as my M3 (henna red). 2. 75, auto (i've got 4sp, but no time to install it), tan, original, but Nevada car, strong body, paint is not perfect.

What i'm looking for: Preferably 78 bus, 79 will be ok too (isn't 79 first year for catalytic's?). Others ok too. The rest is usual, car should run/stop, can have tired engine etc. Body? Well standatd too, no bad rust, some surface rust ok, pait - anything goes, prefer to not get anything "custom" (everybody know's those buses) - will be stripped anyway.

Oh, yes. I'm located in IL, so looking for people less than 500 miles away. If anyone wants to trade we can meet half way (so we sure both cars can be driven).

Well, thank you for reading all this wieredness. Oleg.