Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 07 Dec 1995 22:15:54 -0700
From:         Johanni Larjanko <larjanko@saatel.shiny.it>
Subject:      Introduction

Hi all. A longtime lurker (well, since September) now opens the closet door. From far away and overseas I have followed the Adventures of Grendel, visualized myself on countless Interstate Highways, taken part in the heated argument over PC, taxes and pollution, car manufaturers manipulation of society and learnt something about heaters in vw:s. All I can say is: I like it.=20 This, to me, represents some of the best aspects of staring at a computer screen that I can think of. Having a vw-bus is not such a lonely, costly, frustrating, nailbiting, and bankloaning (yeah, read robbing, if only my bus would be quick enough to escape in <grin>) thing it used to be. Or, it still is, but now with all of you out there sharing the agonies, it somehow feels better. Silly? Yeah, maybe. All isn=B4t gold that glimmers, and a lot of the threads are over my head. Still, the feeling is good, and some things have made me think about possible alternations (we own a Tranporter -80. Now, is that automatically a Vanagon over there?) that might make life easier. As for right now, we are Expecting. Car pushed us over the evil mountains of southern Germany and Austria, only to give up and go to vwheaven, to meet its maker. That was August. Any day now, we will have the 1'600 replaced by a 1'800. Don't know if it was a stupid decision, it emptied our bankaccount pretty= good. But it's our car and we really like it. Following this list has left me feeling convinced we did the right thing. How we got into this mess? That's another story, coming up soon.

Well, that's all folks. Ciao Johanni Larjanko (yeah, that is a Finnish name. Finland. Mika H=E4kkinen. Nokia. Ice Hockey) Grassina (as in Italy) 80 Transporter (getting better all the time)