Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:23:52 -0500
From:         Jack Lowry <jack_lowry@cmsinc.com>
Subject:      RE:any eurovans out there?

I have had a 93 eurovan MV for about 1.5 years it currently has about = 41000 miles on it. I am very happy with the beast=20 Handling pep (up from the 91 wasserboxer) usefullness of the interrior.

My only gripes are that the realated to the fact that the car is not in = currently avalible in the US.

Examples of this are the OEM Goodyears are hard to get (I amy rather = happy with the tires and do not want to ruin something that seemes to = work) and parts are at times a problem.

An example of parts problems is my EV is currently in the shop having = the plumbing to the rear heat exchanger replaced. One of the pipes developed a crack at a hose joint in the engine = compartment. The pipes cost $165 a pair and supposably require 8 hours = to replace. The local dealer has had problems getting the pipes, and = they determined that the first set was damaged about halfway through the = installation.=20

>On Sat, 9 Dec 1995, Moe Walters wrote:

>> Rick (RGOLEN@umassd.edu) says "it handles well" ???? >>=20 >> OK, we love our '93 MV, at c. 25,000 nothing major has failed = although a >> fair number of interior bits have fallen off (and been easily = re-attached), >> but it's really not a GTI Rick...........the "design bogie" was the = Ford >> Transit.....

>EV handles well for a van but its not a sports car. Handles far better =

>than any mini-van (tall stationwagon) I've ever driven. Handles nearly =

>as well as my small truck even though its feet taller. It handles VERY =

>well as far as I'm concerned. Okay my old Chrysler Conquest handled=20 >better, so?

>> Rick's right, the OEM tires aren't great. Ours will probably last = another >> 5K-7K, but traction (wet or dry) is not great.

>I love the Goodyears that came on mine. Suckers don't slip wet dry or=20 >icy. Don't know about the wear life. Only some 24000 miles on the EV.

>> Rick under states the EV heating/cooling system: separate >> blowers/exchangers/controls fore and aft, drive you out of the bus = heat in >> short order.....Surely Duane Moore up there in Alberta has "EV heater = lust" >> :)

>S\Drove the EV up to the Poconoes this weekend. Roasty toasty! No=20 >sliding on the ice and snow either.

>bill and diane killian >zen and the art of ferrets

Jack Lowry=20 sysadmin CMSI