Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Dec 1995 12:16:23 -0700 (MST)
From:         Tony Schiebel <Tony.Schiebel@esys.ca>
Subject:      Re: Deep Water Driving/Snow Depth

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995 12:21:44 -0600 Derek Drew <drew@interport.net> wrote:

> > >parallel to us and there was a crossroad that connected the two > >roads together. It was about 100 yards long and covered in > >2 1/2 - 3 feet of fluffy snow. I immediately thought of Derek > >Drew!! > > Well, even though I haven't had time to write in lately with any reports I > just got the pictures back from my latest 4 wheeling trip to Vermont. > > The coolest picture shows the van driving across a, um, I guess you'd call > it a lake that was in the way of the road/path. My fogg lamps are in the > body of the vehicle at the same height as the turn signal lenzes. As I drove > through this lake the fogg lamps went dark because they were under water. > > The van drove right through with no problem. Obviously, as least part of the > motor was under water, though obviously not the distributor, or I would have > stalled. Anyway, ever since driving through this thing the van no longer > idles so perfectly as it has before and sometimes stalls when bone cold on a > cold day after starting it. I even have to hit the pedal some times to get > it to start. >

Derek,

I'm probably not speaking just for myself, but maybe you should scan those pictures and put them on the Web. Wink, Wink...

Cheers Tony

P.S. - It is snowing *AGAIN* today. Yea Ha!!!

Tony Schiebel - Senior Support Analyst >>>>> Tony.Schiebel@esys.ca <<<<< The ESYS Corporation Suite 835, 10040 - 104 St. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5J 0Z2 Voice (403) 424-4922 Fax (403) 424-4925 http://www.esys.ca Center for LifeLong Learning and Design Deptartment of Computer Science, CB #430 University of Colorado at Boulder Boulder, Colorado 80309-0430 (303) 492-1218 digi@cs.colorado.edu http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~digi/ This should be the last line