Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Dec 1995 10:02:27 -0800
From:         raven@halcyon.com (Mark McCulley)
Subject:      lifting syncros for bleeding radiator

What's the best way to lift the front end of a syncro the required 40mm for bleeding the bleeding cooling system? Bentley indicates that you need to rig some sort of support to allow a floor jack to lift at both front jack points on the crossmember. But syncros have that extra skid plate stuff giving only 9.5" of clearance. Using a 4x4 (wood) support leaves maybe 5"-6" for the floor jack which seems kinda tight. Might work, but I'd like to get some feedback from those that have done this before I embark down this path. Another idea I had was to get a couple of drive-on ramps, but the biggest I can find raise the vehicle only about 11".

-Mark McCulley '87 syncro