Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Jan 1996 16:06:57 -0500
From:         Derek Drew <drew@interport.net>
Subject:      Re: Using some list post in Limbo newsletter

I hope that eveybody agrees this would be a good idea. It would help promote the list to the LimBo folks and help us get more contributors. If they could abstract 1% of the list traffic I'd be suprised but it would draw some of the non-computing holdouts in to our world.

If Gerry would go along with this (and you all think it would be OK), we could amend the list welcome message to inform posters that if their submissions are really good there is a chance their posts will appear in LiMBO. This way noone would be suprised or bent out of shape over copyright issues, though I find it far fetched that anyone would have an issue over this anyway.

We could ask those who don't want their posts in limbo (for some odd reason) to put "Not for Limbo" at the end of their messages, just to keep everybody happy.

Now, can you imagine who would have the unhappy job of trying to decide which of the incredible volume of excellent posts we get each month should go in the NL?

Also, we could suggest in return that if Limbo is to be digitized for the web site that perhaps large parts of it be blasted out on the list each issue too.

At 01:57 PM 1/6/96 -0600, you wrote: >To who it may concern, > I'm writting you to ask if I might be able to use some of the posts I >recieve from the 'Vanagon List' In the LiMBO newsletter. If you are not >fammilar with LiMBO it is The Late Model Bus Organization, International. >Started in 1988 by Zach Woods, LiMBO is dedicated to the preservation, >restoration and enjoyment of 68-newer buses including Vanagons and >Eurovans. We publish a bi-monthly newsletter with helpful hints, stories, >tech articals and classifieds. Current rates are 20 per year. (discount >for anyone on 'the list' who signs up). If you would like a sample >newsletter and more info please E-mail me at LiMBO's offical E-mail >address: limbo@bcn.net, please include you s-nail address. I haven't quite >figured out how to grab info out of my files and send them electronically. >Coming soon, as soon as Zach can make it, we'll have a home page with lots >of bus stuff. If this request is OK with you could you please inform new >subcribers to the list and everyone else as well that their submittion >maybe used in our newsletter. This is a great list and hopefully we can >exchange information back and forth strengthening both of our >Organizations. Thank you very much. > > Keep on Busin' -Jim D > >------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >James Digennaro The Late Model Bus Organization,International >Advertising and Promotions Director, Official On-line Represenative. >20 First St >Adams, MA. 01220 82 Westfalia 'GTI' >E-Mail limbo@bcn.net > >Volkswagen Disc Jockey, Have VW will travel.'I DJ most shows in the Northeast' >---------------------------------------------------------------------------- >-- > > > > ___________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY drew@interport.net (main address for e-mail) derekdrew@aol.com (alternate/backup address, checked infrequently)