Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Jan 1996 15:04:21 -0500
From:         Dan Herbert <dan.herbert@utoronto.ca>
Subject:      Re: EV Winnebago Defrosting - LACK OF

Hello Bill:

The problem seems to be that the EV taken for modifications by Winnebago is the base Transporter, sans creature comforts (or in this case, safety measures).

There seems to be no provision for rear heating whatsoever - no dual controls, no vent as described by you. In my 1988 Westy, not only was there a core in the box under the rear seat, but there was a duct running in the housing where the sliding door ran, with head level outlets. There is no equivalent in the EV-Winne.

There is A/C. Can't wait for the hot, humid weather to find that it only reaches the front seats!

Dan

P.S. The frugality shows in a few other things - the cabin lights lack the "courtesy delay" and other rather trivial stuff.

Dan