Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 1996 13:11:54 -0300
From:         johnny89 <johnny89@io.com>
Subject:      Re: Misc Ramblings

Thom writes:

> The new speed limits out here in California have proven to be > a mixed blessing; while its nice to be able to go faster, yada yada > yada, it has significantly eroded my margin of comfort on > the freeways. I live in the right lane, but occassionally I > could slideover a lane or two as the need arose, because I had > the 15mph reserve to do so. Now I have to use that 15mph > "reserve" just to keep up! I hear they're renaming the right > hand lane the "Thom" lane... Anyone else having similar problems?

And Dan says:

>I'm just about ready to get off highways >anyway. I simply do not want to go fast >(a good thing, considering), and the hot >shots are now so fast that I'm beginning >to wonder if my greatest danger is ahead >or behind.

And I say:

I live in Austin, and IMO, the traffic here is as bad as in California. I-35 is always congested and nobody knows how to drive around here...I'm sticking to the access roads--I don't trust these kids around here--and I'm only 26!

BTW--another reason I stay off the highway around here is the access ramps to the highway suck! (Pardon my French) Believe it or not, the access ramps give you very little yield space when trying to get on the highway, and people still drive in the right lane even if they see you coming...like they expect you to stop or something...

Until I get that Ferrari, I'm sticking to the access roads...

Good luck, Thom!

Regards & Happy Motoring,

Johnny

/ ! ) <+) (") (.> ---Hey! Support your local scene! WEBscene, that is! /( )\/( )\/( )\ VOLKSADDICT, webscene for aircooled enthusiasts | | | | | | http://www.io.com/~johnny89/Volksaddict ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ** January Edition Coming Very Very Soon! **