Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jan 96 09:45:05 PST
From:         stafford@alcor.hac.com (Jack Stafford)
Subject:      Re: My Bus, 1973

In a message dated 95-12-22 02:47:41 EST, ThreeLiz@aol.com wrote:

<< >Dear Sir, >I was wondering if you could answer a question I have about my newly purchased 73 >westphalia. On long trips in my bus I discovered that the floor gets quite hot between >the ice box and the seat behind the drivers seat. I was hoping that you might beable to >tell me what is the cause of this heat and if it is abnormal? Thanks for your time.

Hans Steidl Alameda California >>

Hans, In a '73 westfalia there is a small heat vent on the floor between the ice box and the jump seat behind the driver. Warm air flows from this vent when the heat lever on the dash directs heat to the floor.

It sounds like your duct is clogged up and not dispersing the heated air. There's a few things you might try...

Remove the throw rug from the walkthrough aisle. (good)

Always set the heat lever on the dash to the 'defrost' position. (better)

Crawl under the bus and disconnect the warm air duct. Remove the leaves, candy wrappers, and whatever else is plugging it up. Put it securely back into position. (best)

Jack '73 Westfalia Costa Mesa, CA