Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Feb 96 1:21:46 EST
From:         Crazed Idiot <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      bus colors

Hi Well, it seems I'm getting closer to obtaining a bus, but I don't know yet for sure. At any rate, I am looking at a certain bus which has a touch of surface rust on the lower body (under the doors, a little on the back, below the engine lid) and so if I should obtain this bus I am going to sand and repaint the lower body. The bus is currently all white with brown vinyl seats. I want to leave the top part of the body white (seeing as how there's not really any rust there) and paint the bottom a different color. I now appeal to you, the vanagon list members, to help pick a color for the bus that Sean may or may not get but if he does, it needs a color. It's good to plan out these things :) . I'm currently thinking of a nice cherry red on the bottom half, which would look pretty sharp. I also saw one once that was a really nice gray color and it looked really nice so I'm considering that. I've thought about that famous avocado green which I dig but is not one of the top choices. I think a darker green, like hunter green would look nice. I'm trying to picture colors that would go well with the brown interior. I believe the van originally was that hideous brown/beige color. Yuck. Anyway, suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, please do not reply directly to this message. Use the address sbart7kb@mwc.edu to send your replies and color suggestions. Also, Kelly Barthlow, where are you???? Many things are coming together so hopefully you'll contact me SOON. Anyway, we'll see how things go. I also want it to be known that I haven't bought anything yet nor have I committed to. I'm still shopping around.

Thanks, Sean