Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Feb 1996 10:04:31 +0000
From:         jhalv@hooked.net
Subject:      Sagging suspension ??

Went to look at another '71 bus over the weekend - I didn't look very long. Fortunately it was raining so could trace all of the leaks inside coming from the rusty areas around the windshield seal. Since repairing that area is one bodyworking project I do not want to get involved in, I passed.

In my initial walk-around, I noticed the rear seemed to be sitting lower than other buses I've seen. Does anyone know what the clearance between the top of the tire and the top of the wheel well should be (front and rear) in '71 era buses? Is rebuilding the suspension a major undertaking?

BTW, is there a Bus-buying FAQ? (If not, am I volunteering to start one? Hmmm...well....maybe.. I've never done a FAQ before but then most of the stuff I can do I'd never done before.....)

John Halverson jhalv@hooked.net

'68 Westy (In pieces) '71 Bus (Not yet but I'm still looking)