Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Feb 1996 07:14:13 +0000
From:         tjparker@pacificnet.net (Tim Parker)
Subject:      Re: EV price/value - Seattle, Carter VW

At 2:18 AM 2/7/96, Matt Dekker wrote:

> One EV at another dealer, a red GL, has only 22k miles, AC, convenience > package, 5 spd, is interesting but still on the high side at about $17k. > Some interesting points about this van, while the name plate said GL, it > had grey bumpers and a sliding side window of a CL. The interior was all > cloth, so they must have run out of red bumpers that day.

I don't think the red GLs had body-colored bumpers. I've seen two of these, and they both had the gray bumpers.

> I asked them to pull the service record which seemed pretty clean, some > pesky electrical, noise, and alingment problems, but nothing too major or > recent.

My GL had electrical problems with the instrument cluster. Twice the circuit board needed resoldering because the gas and temp guages would go on and off. Noise due to the exhaust shielding is a big problem, mainly because the dealers seem so incompetent in finding and fixing it. It took me several times to convince them the noise was unusual (I think they caused it, too) and a few more to get them to actually fix it. This is one of those things I'll be more than happy to take responsibility for myself when the warranty runs out.

> Thanks for you inquire, I'm glad that you found our homepage! I hope it > was useful, any suggestions? We currently have these Eurovans in stock: > 93' MV green AT 43K for $20,495

Seems like a hell of a lot to me

> 93' GL white 5spd 45K for $17,995

I only paid $366 more for mine, and it was new!

> 93' CL white AT 38K for $14,995

Possibly too much.

> Four 93' MV Weekenders (camper) 2 sticks 2 auto. for $23,995 > I have been a little slow in updating the internet, sorry.

Seems like a hell of a lot. I seem to remember that a new one bargain priced at around 3K more than that.

> > Regarding the rumor of a VR6 Eurovan. Volkswagen has discontinued > production plans for the U.S. indefinitely of any vans.

This confirmed??? Mine is either more valuable as a collector's item now, or I should part with it before it breaks and I can't get parts!!! AAAAAAHHHHHhhhh!

> As far as price, I'll save you 8-10% off any of the above vans.

Gonna take more than that. Check all the used car price guides and go back and BE BRUTAL! It's your money. AND, if VW does not plan to import any more EVs, you have to wonder if they'll support the ones that are here for any length of time!

-Tim Parker 93 EV GL (museum piece?) 60 Singlecab (gonna take a LOT to make this a museum piece!) 29 Model A Ford (a few years to go to make this a museum piece)